May love always be as sweet as it is today.
Happy Valentine's Day!
not sure what to do? Whip up a homemade brunch or dinner! Too late for you to plan? We got it covered.
Below, you will find a printable menu, grocery list, and romantic homemade dinner for two you can make in less than an hour!
Lots of love! Xoxo
Sugar Wrapped Smokies
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking pan with foil.
Cut Bacon into thirds. Wrap 1 piece of bacon around each mini smokie and secure with a toothpick.
Combine cayenne pepper and brown sugar and roll each smokie in the mixture. (Note: They can be frozen at this point)
Place on prepared pans and bake for 10 minutes.
Flip smokies and cook an additional 10 minutes or until bacon is crispy. (Add an extra 5 minutes if baking from frozen).
Roasted Heart Potatoes
1. Preheat oven to 400F. 2. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil, spray with non-stick spray or brush with oil. 3. Fill a pot with about 1quart -2quarts of water, add 1tbl salt, bring to boil, then reduce heat to gentle simmer. 4. In the meantime peel potatoes, slice them, using a small metal cookie cutter cut out as many hearts as you can. Reserve scraps in water, you can also par-cook scraps or make mashed potatoes 5. Cook potatoes in simmering water for 3 minutes, drain potatoes and let cool slightly. 6. Combine all the ingredients for the marinade 7. Pour marinade over potatoes, stir and let sit for 5 minutes. 8. Spread marinaded potatoes evenly onto the baking sheet. 9. Roast them for 20-25 minutes, in halftime using an off set silicone spatula carefully turn the potatoes (don't forget to use oven mittens when handling hot baking sheet!).
1. Roll your dough out flat on a lightly floured flat surface. Either use a large heart shaped cookie cutter or a knife to create a good shape. If using a large heart shaped cookie cutter just lightly push it down on the dough to make the heart outline, then using a knife cut around the heart leaving about an extra 1 inch boarder.
2. Once cut out roll over the extra 1 inch edges of the dough to make the crust and form the heart shape.
3. Place the mini heart pizza crusts on a baking tray and place in the oven. Bake for about 8-10 minutes until dough is baked and the edges have started to turn golden brown.
4. Take the heart crusts out of the oven and let them cool off for a minute.
5. Set out all of the toppings and let your family have fun designing their very own pizza with their favorite toppings.
6. Once the pizzas are decorated put them back in the oven for about 2-5 minutes until cheese is melted.
Chocolate covered Strawberries
Gently rinse strawberries and dry on paper towels (berries must be completely dry). Line cookie sheet with waxed paper.
2 In 1-quart saucepan, melt chocolate chips and shortening over low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
3 Dip lower half of each strawberry into chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip back into saucepan. Place on waxed paper-lined tray or cookie sheet.
4 Refrigerate uncovered about 30 minutes or until chocolate is firm, or until ready to serve. Store covered in refrigerator so chocolate does not soften (if made with oil, chocolate will soften more quickly at room temperature).